catalog and submission guidelines
Click a cover to find out about the author and chapbook.
PALOOKA PRESS submissions
We take great pride in reading every word and giving each chapbook its due attention. We consider manuscripts of all styles and genres and aren't looking for a particular aesthetic. We give everything a fair chance. Please send your best fiction, poetry, nonfiction, drama, graphic narrative, or hybrid work. Manuscripts should be roughly 25-100 pages. Each submission comes with a digital gift of your choice: a chapbook, a copy of Palooka, or the editor's award-winning novel.
IF ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION
- A perfect-bound book with a glossy or matte color cover
- $200 honorarium
- 20 free copies of your book
- Your own bio/photo page featured on our website
- Length: 25-100 pages (flexible)
- Cover Letter: Identify the manuscript as fiction, poetry, nonfiction, drama, graphic, or hybrid.
- Simultaneous Submissions: Accepted. But please withdraw your manuscript if accepted elsewhere.
- It's okay if some of the work has been previously published; proper citations will be made.