PALOOKA MAGAZINE SUBMISSIONS
We're open to all voices, forms, and styles. Please send your best unpublished fiction, poetry, nonfiction, artwork, photography, graphic narratives, and comic strips.
We encourage simultaneous submissions. Please withdraw your piece if accepted elsewhere. And big congratulations!
We offer all contributors a complimentary copy and discounted copies of their issue, a bio and photo in the magazine, and the support of a caring and hardworking editor!
Currently: 1-2 weeks. We believe in having a fast turnaround while taking pride in giving each piece due consideration.
PALOOKA PRESS SUBMISSIONS
We take great pride in reading every word and giving each chapbook its due attention. We consider manuscripts of all styles and genres and aren't looking for a particular aesthetic. We're willing to give anything a fair chance. Please send your best fiction, poetry, nonfiction, drama, graphic narrative, or hybrid work. Manuscripts should be 25-100 pages, roughly. Each submission comes with a gift: a digital chapbook or digital copy of Palooka.
IF ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION
- A perfect-bound book with a glossy or matte color cover
- $200 honorarium
- 20 free copies of your book
- Your own bio/photo page featured on our website
- Length: 25-100 pages (flexible)
- Cover Letter: Identify the manuscript as fiction, poetry, nonfiction, drama, graphic, or hybrid.
- Simultaneous Submissions: Accepted. But please withdraw your manuscript if accepted elsewhere.
- It's okay if some of the work has been previously published; proper citations will be made.